Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I think the closest thing to a "potential star" that could be done, at this point, is Wood. I agree there are risks, but if it hits you've got a STUD. That's intriguing to me. I'm not here to argue with those pointing out the risks, because they're not wrong. 

I have friends (smart friends who are MORE familiar with him than the average fan, not people who just want to chase shiny things) who think he's a steal at $24 million per. They won't even entertain the thought of him going for less.

So, my conclusion is that if he does go for less, I would consider buying low. The upside is a DIFFERENCE MAKING player.

(11-20-2020, 10:33 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Bertans is one of the top 5 shooters in the NBA.  He's a 6'10" Seth Curry. He doesnt really do much else.  With how much every team wants shooting, he's going to get PAID.

Yeah, so no then, imo. 

If they didn't have a big who could pull people out of the paint, that's a worthwhile investment. But, they have two of them. No need to overpay another, imo, unless he brings OTHER things to the table, too. 

A team with a maxed out KP probably has no business making that deal, wouldn't you agree?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-20-2020, 10:34 AM