Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 10:08 AM)fifteenth Wrote: LMA can't play the 4 here. And an Aldridge lead second unit would score at a slower rate than whatever second unit we throw out without him. He could only play next to KP situationally, which would amount to a  very small amount of minutes. He'd have to be KP's backup, and learn to play our game (not lead the unit). Just seems like square peg into a round hole. Can't imagine he'd be happy with all that. Does he want to become primarily a pnr center at 35 yrs old? Do we want to Brunson to bring the ball up and throw it to LMA and let him go to work? Seems like an impossible fit.

This is some classic fifteenth basketball analysis, pal. These are the right questions.

(11-20-2020, 10:11 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: The Mavs already had Wood on the roster and didn´t even want him at the minimum. I doubt their evaluation of him has changed much based on 4-5 good months on a losing team. Maybe for MLE money. Certainly not for $15M+.

He´ll simply go, where the money is, and rightfully so. This will likely be the biggest payday of his career.

Yeah, so this is a decent point, actually. 

The Mavs DID know the guy very well, recently, and I can't swear that the assumption above is incorrect. If so, I'm FINE with their decision. But, if we learn that they're after him, I'd use the same logic above to be fine with that decision, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-20-2020, 10:12 AM