Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I also agree that THJ is more likely to be extended than traded. I don't think we're ready for the types of salaries some of these wings are going to get on the market. I heard Kevin O'Connor say he's hearing some of the rumored numbers like Bertrans and Gallo could get are crazy. Like high teens and even 20+ million a year. There's just such a high demand for wings, and there is no supply. So we know the types of players who are grossly overpaid, because they pick up their player options within .0000001 seconds of the window opening because they know there isn't a chance in hell that they'll get anything close to their current salary on the market. Like Andre Drummond, Nic Batum and DeMar DeRozen don't wait until the day before free agency to announce they're picking up their player option. THJ does. Because maybe he doesn't get 19.5 on the open market, but it's close enough that you could listen to offers and think it over. So however badly you think THJ got overpaid in 2017, you need to get over it because this isn't 2017 anymore.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 11-20-2020, 09:32 AM