Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 12:18 AM)cow Wrote: I'd ask for you to put on your GM thinking cap and throw out a number and contract length.  My randomness would be:

-Detroit is hurting for money.  They are starved for talent.  Why aren't the just resigning him?
-Not to harp on it but the sample size is scary.  Not that the skill set is comparable but I'm sure Andray Blatche had 30 game stretches where he looked all world.
-29% 3PT shooting before his 39% breakout campaign last year
-Will he regress once he gets paid?

Yeah, all of that is pretty much my point. Larry Sanders. 

I was just giving you the cliff's notes on his situation since you were asking. I don't disagree with your take at all. 

At the MLE I'm IN. I doubt that's the situation, so that doesn't help. 

My gut says Detroit will be interested enough to offer him a hefty bag, so he's probably not an easy sign and trade guy even if you think he's worth the money. But, if it was possible, I think the youth and potential (imminent potential, not 3 years down the road) would entice me. I'm not sure what I'd pay, but I'm interested to see the the deal he gets. 

I'm really high on grant, and I think I'd pay more for him than Grant, if that helps.

Follow up: to me, the risk with Wood is almost the LENGTH of the contract, not the amount. If he continues on with the roll he was on to close out last year, he's basically a max player. 

I just wouldn't want to get stuck holding the bag if he's Larry Sanders or Ian Mahinmi.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-20-2020, 12:25 AM