Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-20-2020, 12:02 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I'm dubious about that, too. But, like I said, there are all types of different predictions about it. Like some people think he's Detroit's best player and they're about to give him the bag as a franchise cornerstone. In fact, pretty much anyone who has heard of him thinks that. But, he was only the featured guy there for like the last 30 games of the season and Detroit sucked, so he is very much flying under the radar. If Detroit doesn't want to pay him, I can almost see his cost plummeting. Then again, maybe Charlotte or ATL have other ideas.

Totally. The best case scenario is almost as good as Giannis. Same role, minus quite a bit of ball-handling, but he does have a high post iso game. And the best part, the part that's really intriguing, is the shooting. So, he can play with BOTH KP types (in the Powell role) and Powell types (in the KP role). 

It's intriguing. Not sure it's possible to get him though.

I'd ask for you to put on your GM thinking cap and throw out a number and contract length.  My randomness would be:

-Detroit is hurting for money.  They are starved for talent.  Why aren't the just resigning him?
-Not to harp on it but the sample size is scary.  Not that the skill set is comparable but I'm sure Andray Blatche had 30 game stretches where he looked all world.
-29% 3PT shooting before his 39% breakout campaign last year
-Will he regress once he gets paid?

KOC thinks 9-19M per. Can't really defend bigs at this point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by cow - 11-20-2020, 12:18 AM