Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 10:46 PM)Drew Wrote: First you’re wrong about Tim. He’s not overpaid.

https://media.giphy.com/media/UqGQDGE73Q.../giphy.gif

In all genuine seriousness, that's a pretty uproarious claim. THJ got a ludicrous contract coming off of a high-stats year on an Eastern Conference bottom feeder from the bottom feeder to end all bottom feeders. He's got one skill, which he wasn't that great at until this past year. He's worth $12-13 mil a year, not $19.

(11-19-2020, 10:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:41 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Starting 4 is really the closest thing you could call a hole
Aldridge

Definitely a name that's available, since it doesn't seem like he's going to GSW, after all.

I don't know if I lapped up too much Mavs flavored DRANK last night, or what, but I'm now pretty convinced that they're not looking at the old, crusty vets this time around. I know it's against type, but for them to not only keep the picks (so far) but pull freaking Josh Richardson of all people out of the trade bag...idk, I just feel like they did an internal poll and made a decision to add more young guys to the nucleus.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect anyone older than Gallo, who I believe who be the oldest rotation player here BY FAR, and part of me really believes they're trying to land a young guy like Wood or Grant. I don't know if they'll be successful, but it would fit with what they've done so far. Who on this team is Milsap or Aldridge even going to talk to, BAREA? He's going to be speaking spanish...you know, with the eastern europeans.

I tend to think that people are underrating Richardson's creational ability. Pretty sure he's a better creator than Seth was, at any rate, and certainly more than THJ and probably not much worse than Bogi.

I would rather offer the Bogi money to Grant. If nothing else, you hurt Denver by making them match it (not by means of an offer sheet, since we have no cap room, but by two-way negotiation). If you can land Grant (pun intended), you then trade THJ for OPJ.

Luka
JR
OPJ
Grant
KP

I'd actually see that as the best we could do this offseason as far as building a starting lineup.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by Scott41theMavs - 11-19-2020, 11:03 PM