Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 06:22 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 06:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I get that it's easy to think he's limited, I really do. And, while I tend to trust the Mavs when they say they don't see him as a limited prospect, you could be correct. 

But, if so, just extend him on a REASONABLE deal, imo. If his ceiling is super smart, good culture back up PG, there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting that spot locked in. UNLESS you have to overpay for it. If you don't build one you're very likely to have to overpay someone else's limited prospect to fill that role down the road. 

Maybe Terry grows from off ball shooter into someone who CAN threaten Brunson's job, eventually, but there's noooooooo way they come out of the gates with that goal on the kid's plate. Backup PG is way too important. If anything, I can see them punting on Brunson for someone with MORE experience, but definitely not someone with less.

There is nothing wrong with Brunson.  He's smart, tough, solid and works his butt off.  I do have a little bit of a problem with his attitude on the court, it just feels like misplaced confidence sometimes but maybe that's what has made him successful to date.  And while there is nothing wrong with Brunson, there isn't a lot of upside to him.  You are gong to have growing pains with any guard but for them to develop, they need the ball.  The proverbial progress stopper.  If Burnson can be used for an asset to this free agency for another starter, pull that trigger.

(11-19-2020, 06:21 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Could GSW trade for Oubre and then trade him for Hardaway?

Hardaway seems like a better replacement for Klay’s role.

Feels like they've suckered someone into trading for Wiggins.

PLEASEGODNO.GIF
GSW can use their TPE to take Oubre for picks
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by Aussiebballer - 11-19-2020, 06:37 PM