Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 06:08 PM)cow Wrote: I didn't forget.  I like guys who maximize their potential and Jalen fits that description.  He'll just always be limited by his stature and athleticism and I think he's hit is ceiling a darned close.  Also think that Brunson's ceiling is Tyrell's floor and he has the potential to be something special offensively.

I get that it's easy to think he's limited, I really do. And, while I tend to trust the Mavs when they say they don't see him as a limited prospect, you could be correct. 

But, if so, just extend him on a REASONABLE deal, imo. If his ceiling is super smart, good culture back up PG, there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting that spot locked in. UNLESS you have to overpay for it. If you don't build one you're very likely to have to overpay someone else's limited prospect to fill that role down the road. 

Maybe Terry grows from off ball shooter into someone who CAN threaten Brunson's job, eventually, but there's noooooooo way they come out of the gates with that goal on the kid's plate. Backup PG is way too important. If anything, I can see them punting on Brunson for someone with MORE experience, but definitely not someone with less.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | RC: We're not anywhere near done. - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2020, 06:12 PM