Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 03:42 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Presti flips that into 47 future 1st round picks.

Good for him (genuinely), but that's because he doesn't care how good his team is for the next few years. It's easy to asset manage in that situation. 

And I have no doubt he'll transform those picks into exciting, young talent. He has done that before. But, you know what he HASN'T done? The hard part - getting that talent across the finish line. What came of the Durrant/Westbrook/Harden core was unforgivable. Once in a lifetime for a franchise. They were able to keep NONE of them. Massive, massive team building failure. 

Dallas is 2/3 of the way there. Every decision gets more and more important as you get closer to your goal. The way you waste Luka's career is by having lots of turnover from year to year (like Dirk's career, during which the team started over like 4 times before they won a ring, and then was utterly RUDDERLESS since the championship). 

The goal is to reach championship contention while Luka and and KP are still in their 20's. There's time, but the second you make a move like Griffin, time gets tighter. If you're a Blake Griffin move away from WINNING, then f yeah. But I don't think they are, and I actually PREFER the fits of several younger, healthier options who are not on terrible deals. It's cool if we disagree on this, but anything to do with Griffin is a pass from me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2020, 03:51 PM