Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 03:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Well this is an assumption that Giannis is going to agree to sign his Supermax tomorrow. I suppose if he doesn't you still are holding out. 

What I mean is that it's not about Giannis. If he doesn't sign, GREAT!!!! Game on!

But, look what just fell into their laps last night. I submit that flexibility helped create that opportunity, and that you still have a lot of flexibility after the deal, and that I don't think that's an accident. 

If they're as high on Wood as some people are (I don't know that they are, but IF) then that's literally almost as good as getting Giannis - GO GET HIM. 

But, I'm not ready to close that kind of door with Griffen. What if there's another Christian Wood type next year, that nobody sees coming, but he's on a team who doesn't want Griffen in return (most teams wouldn't). Good players on good contracts are easy to move, like we just saw. It is precisely the strategy of NOT overpaying anyone last year that put the team in the position to make that deal last night, imo. 

SMART DEALS ONLY. THat's my take.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2020, 03:30 PM