Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 03:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:05 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: A huge IF indeed. 
I'd be more inclined to gamble on his health than Dipo's tho.

I guess my question is: given the home run they hit last night, and the fact that the team is better RIGHT NOW than it was last year, why ruin this flexibility by "gambling" on ANYTHING? 

An expiring OPJ, who if he works out, you could bring back, while NOT giving up THJ, who is in a similar situation? Sign me up.

A reasonable long term commitment to a young, athletic, skilled up and comer like Wood in a sign and trade or (dare we hope) at the MLE? Sign me up. 

Ditto on the above situation for Wood, only for Grant? Sign me up. 

Griffin, on a bloated contract, who is no longer special, athletically, and has injury issues? In a trade that would kill the flexibility you're still enjoying to this very minute? Who brings a mentality that he should be a star and run a team? Who, while more skilled than he used to be, can NOT be an effective spacer, really, and isn't the rim runner he used to be? No, thanks. 

I agree that he's not nearly the risk that Oladipo is, but what I think the Mavs proved last night is that this 2021 plan is WORKING. The team is getting better, and without making wild swings at curveballs. I say keep looking for another situation you LOVE. There's time.

Well this is an assumption that Giannis is going to agree to sign his Supermax tomorrow. I suppose if he doesn't you still are holding out. 

There is less and less reason to be excited about the 2021 class. Griffin could be apart of that class btw.He's got a player option I think he would be declining if he is healthy based on his performance 2 years ago. I don't think he's on the block although he should be. 
You'd also have to trade 1 of Wright or Powell to make the salaries work. So if he does opt out he'll actually create you more space if you didn't want him here long term. Tho if you don't want him long term, why are you making the deal anyways? You don't care about the cap space if you do want him long term. He won't come free or he'd already have been dealt or we would have heard about him being shopped. 

FWIW I'm interested in Blake... But I'm interested in Blake once I see how he is playing during the season. If he's healthy? I'm very interested in making a move for him. I'd assume that's why he isn't being moved yet. He can reestablish his value for Detroit and then they can deal him in season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 03:23 PM