Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:47 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6034348034

Good! Now he's tradable.

I say that, but I know they won't trade him.

(11-19-2020, 01:49 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: One big plus on Richardson is that DFS becomes less important to the Mavs.
You could argue outside of Luka and KP he was the single most important player on the team.

I think trading him wouldn't be nearly as painful although I'm not looking to move up. But he has value so it should be on the table if it gets a deal done.

See, I don't see it that way. I get where you're coming from, but to me SBey would have accomplished this, not Richardson. I think Richardson is now the answer to Dame, Mitchell, Booker, Westbrook, and DFS is still George, Lebron, Kawhi, etc.

I think they complement each other, defensively, and aren't all that redundant.

I also think they're counting on DFS to provide even more of a shooting threat than they have in the past.

Oh I think both are important guys. But you got to have at least 1 great defender in your starting lineup. It's just a must. DFS was that guy and while good, great may be a little strong.

It's really hard to trade DFS and have no good defender. Richardson changes that. But ideally you keep them both.
I'm not in any way advocating for DFS to get traded. But he's tradeable now and I'm not sure he was before unless you got a good defender back.

Having one good defender doesn't make the ones you have expendable. Holy crap.

The Mavs had three great value players on roster - DFS, Maxi, and Curry. Two were good at defense. The other was traded for a defender. Let's retain our defenders - even if it means that the offseason is over.

I never said they were....
I'm saying DFS went to untradeable to now he can be traded in the right deal. Everyone agreed he has value but really refused to even consider trading him yesterday. 

I don't want to trade Brunson but he's got value. We certainly have a massive need for guard on the bench if he's not there. Same boat with DFS. You'd have a massive hole at defense if not for Richardson. Backup pg is a bit easer to find tho. 

I'd be willing to include him a deal that clearly is an upgrade for the team and increases your asset pool. I don't think I would have said the same a day ago. That doesn't mean he's a guy I'm looking to move. But if someone was really wanting him you now can at least consider the deal. 

I'd like to add another defender in FA so I'm not saying get rid of defense.

You alluded to the 3 value guys. I think he jumps up in Curry's place as an asset you could have that people might want. I definitely wasn't looking to trade Curry but you had a great deal fall in your lap. I think if someone called before yesterday you'd be saying "No on DFS but you can have Curry or Kleber."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 02:00 PM