Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
So if you are on the fence about wanting Bogdan I was thinking last night that it's really about upping your assets is why you should go after him. 

If you accept the assumption that Donte=Brunson, Illyasova= Wright + an extra year of similar salary, DJ Wilson=Justin Jackson than the Mavs can actually offer a similar trade to the one the Kings were willing to do. Maybe you have to add in a small asset to clinch that. But I don't think that deal is all that far off from the one they agreed to. Some of y'all hate on Brunson alot but yet I hear stuff last night about what a find he was for the Mavs in the 2nd round. I think he's more respected than you think sort of like Donte. 

But say sign Bogdan to a 20 mill a year deal that's a huge asset upgrade IMO. The Kings have showed their cards and don't have the negotiating power to really make you buy that they will match an offer if you just clear the cap space. A great time to take advantage and get an asset upgrade. 

My next thought was that I think he takes a step up here. I'll be fascinated to see how much and how quickly. 
But my next thought was what if he immediately gets a big boost to his #s and improves his shooting with all his open looks he'll have? 

Bogdan at 20 mill, THJ at 20 mill and Richardson at 11 mill with the last 2 likely expiring. You have ALOT of money you can take and you now have an attractive asset in a trade at the deadline. Add in 2025 and 2027 and maybe that's enough to get a big name in trade. Also if you hit on your draft picks at all for this year and they show something... That's even more to add.

(11-19-2020, 12:40 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I think Jae stays in Miami. I've thought so all along. Miami has plenty of cap room for him.

What everyone seems to be leaving out with Crowder is that he seemed very butthurt with RC by the time he was traded. I doubt he'd want to come back here, and only for a deal well over the MLE (i.e. way over market value) if he did.

I have been thinking that at as well. I seemed to recall Crowder not being happy here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 12:48 PM