Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 05:10 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 04:59 AM)Kingsideboogie Wrote: What do you guys think about Aron Baynes? This guy is a free agent this off season, will be relatively cheap, and fills a solid need for us down low especially with Porzingis missing the start of the season. He brings a toughness too, and can shoot from the outside. I think low-key it is a pickup that can really solidify all the great moves we have made so far in this draft.

He is a good player, but i think Mavs will be looking for vet min guy. Once KP returns, Baynes would be redundand. If there is no other use for Jackson contract, why not trade him to Utah for Ed Davis and perhaps get a future second rounder from them?

I think Baynes being redundant to KP is one of his best qualities. When KP is out, whether it be the start of the season, or if you have to rest him, you can pretty much plug in Baynes and have a similar game to KP as he can be a stretch 5 too (obviously touches wouldn't be the same). I think having some stability and depth at the 5 is something that would go miles in a condensed season like this, and Baynes is not only attainable for a relatively cheap price (maybe our MLE), but he was a huge contributor to last years suns while Ayton was out which is sort of the role we're asking of him here.
Building a basketball team is a lot like chess, sometimes you just have to shuffle the pieces around.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by Kingsideboogie - 11-19-2020, 09:40 AM