Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Quote:Is it anyway possible to get Hayward AND Millsap?

This would be my preference. THJ for Hayward. Hayward takes some off the offensive weight off of Luka as a point forward. When playoffs roll around you need 2 or 3 dependable ball handlers in halfcourt offense. The Rockets formula of everyone everyone standing around while Harden dribbles for 22 seconds doesn't work in the playoffs. LeBron is the greatest point forward in NBA history, and he is always at his best when he's sharing the ball back and forth with Playoff Rondo or Kyrie in critical moments in half court. Speaking of Rondo, as I said in another thread, I don't get why the Hawks are going to want Hayward (or why Hayward wants to go there) if they're going to sign Rondo and still feature around Trae with a ton of usage. Just making Hayward a generic spot up off ball shooting small forward completely negligates what makes Hayward unique and why you pay him that salary. Bogdanovic makes much more sense for them if they're signing Rondo.

Millsap is big versatile vet muscle that you can have on the floor in a Game 7 that can make a positive impact on offense and defense without having to scheme your offense through. I don't mind giving a 2nd year because the 2021 FA class isn't that great.

Trade Wright for a bag of balls.

Sign a big for vet minimum.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 11-19-2020, 08:34 AM