Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:45 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: No not at all, but I think THEY believe he was not only good last season, but a big part of why the team was successful.  

I really think THEY are probably happy to keep THIS version of Hield who they already know fits their culture, wants to be here and hasn't yet required a long term financial commitment. 

I know Richardson will shoot better than he did last year, but I think he's the guy who will have the ball a little more than anyone besides Luka did last season, so THJ is objectively a better offensive fit, I think (might be wrong about this). I have an easier time seeing Richardson do what Burke did than what Curry did on offense, if that makes sense. 

By all accounts, we should have been bitching about THJ like we did Parsons and Barnes.  Mostly to his credit, but also to the coaching staff and his pops, he's been a great Maverick and came closer to earning the dollars on his contract than any of hoped to imagine.  He's also a great kid.  Of course Donnie is going to talk him up, but we all know his limitations

As Killer said, I think Richardson relieves some of Hardaway's shortcomings.  Richardson is a good playmaker and will cover the opponents best guard.  Since neither THJ nor Luka are cut out for that defensive role, it make their pairing an issue.  If you want secondary playmaking, it often comes from a guard.  But THJ isn't good at that either.  But, THJ is a good spacer and Luka/Richardson need that.

All three can and should start together because Richardson glues it all together in a way Curry couldn't.  If the guy could hit 40% of his 3's he'd be making $20mm a year.  He's basically a poor man's Holiday.  Plus, it is position-less basketball.  Luka is really a point forward, not a point guard.  Hardaway is a wing.  He gets half his time at SG and half at SF.  Richardson is a secondary ball handler/point of attack defender.  It all works just fine.  

I think we are done with the Hayward/Dipo conversation.  What we need now is someone like Wood or OPJ to move DFS or Maxi to the bench.  I'm hoping this is where keeping Lee during the bubble comes into play.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-19-2020, 07:25 AM