Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"DanSchwartzman" It's not really being talked about, but aren't we technically still within the boundaries of your plan HIBW? In fact, if the off season stopped right this second, are they CLOSER to cap space?

And they've managed to completely misdirect us away from complaining about it. 

If this works, you extend Richardson and maybe even THJ. Or, one or the other. If not - there's some space to sign players, absorb contracts (for draft capital), etc, etc. 

Donnie is KILLING IT lately, immfhao

I agree.  Richardson is probably expiring as he will opt-out next summer assuming health.  People can debate who is better, but the Mav's got someone who fits better and has a shorter contract.  That is HIBW's for sure.  

The have an interesting decision to make on the rookies second rounders.  They don't have to guarantee their second year, and their standard deal is similar to a minimum.  But, we can pay them anything we want using cap room (if available) or exceptions.   If they go the route they did with Brunson and use some of the MLE, that uses up extra cap room. 

Of course, it they use some of the MLE, then any more talent that comes here comes via trade.  So, HIBW's still depends on the duration of the player they trade for.  If they trade for Gallinari on a multi-year...not so HIBW's.  They might as well extend THJ and Richardson when they can.  If they deal Wright/Jackson for someone like Thaddeus Young, that is HIBW's.  Personally, I'd like to see Christian Wood here.  Maybe you trade for him using Wright/Jackson.  Maybe you sign him with the MLE to a 1+1 with the idea you use cap room on him next summer (not max, but we will have some room).  

It feels to me like we need a starting 4.  It would make the lineup make sense.  If Wright/Jackson go out, you have five guards in Luka/Richardson, Brunson/Green and Terry.  You have five bigs in KP/(Wood), Maxi/Powell and Boban.  THJ and DFS would be your 3's and Bey probably starts in the G-League.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-19-2020, 07:00 AM