Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
My ranked wish list at this point:

1) FVV (but I don't think he's realistic)
2) Jerami Grant (only realistic, I think, if you dump THJ for air somehow - I don't think you're going to get him away from Denver otherwise)
3) Wood (no way are you getting him for the MLE, this is another SnT/THJ leaves situation)
4) OPJ
5) Buddy Love (don't think he's available, since the Kings have to ditch Bogi)
6) Bogi
7) Gallo (just to piss cow off, although I like his fit at the four if THJ leaves, less so if THJ stays)
8) Hayward

I'm sure there will be some other nice suggestions. I'm still pretty darn leery of Hayward's health, especially at a long-term contract. 

I would rate Richardson marginally as the fourth-best player on a contending team, whereas I had said THJ and DFS were both 5th-best guys (with differing skillsets). I do believe that Richardson has assumed the mantle of the third-best player on the team for the time being. If the Mavs can go get a guy with what trade assets they have left who is better than Richardson - and I would certainly assert that all eight of those above options are overall better at basketball than Richardson - *and* get a rotation-level/almost-starter level player with the MLE - then the roster for the coming year will be so much better than last year's, it's not even funny.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by Scott41theMavs - 11-19-2020, 02:43 AM