Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 02:08 AM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:59 AM)loki Wrote: Here are some 2021 cap space estimates assuming Dallas signs all 3 draft picks and the cap goes up by the minimum 3%. Plenty of room to maneuver, especially if keeping a max slot open (32.7 mil) is not required.

1) Richardson opts-in: 17.9
   a) Trade Wright: 25.5
   b) Waive Powell: 23.6
   c) Both a and b: 31.2

2) Richardson opts-out: 28.6
   a) Trade Wright: 36.2
   b) Waive Powell: 34.3
   c) Both a and b: 41.9

The main thing that some others have pointed out is that the FA class is looking a lot weaker now. I'd say you don't have to have max cap space for any free agent next year if Giannis does indeed sign the Supermax. 

Are we really passing up deals that would improve us now for Dipo, the hope of LAC guys bailing, Griffin, Oubre, Gobert? Half those guys you might be able to find a way to trade for now. Your best restricted guy that's gettable the next 2 years is probably Bogdan.

I'd agree with that. I'm all for adding another major piece this offseason, but ideally they will maintain enough flexibility to do the same thing again next year.

(11-19-2020, 02:06 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: We've talked a lot of about Hield, Dipo, Hayward, Bogdan but you know we haven't spent a lot of time on Fred Vanvleet.  Raptors just drafted Malachai Flynn that is a similar player.  Most likely FVV is still going back to Toronto but that would a pretty sweet get for the Mavs.  He's only 26.  39% from three.  Definitely secondary offense creator.  Solid defender.

I'm all for making a run at FVV. A sign and trade around THJ would be the simplest way. He'd replace THJ's shooting and give us another plus perimeter defender. Richardson will help guarding 1's and 2's as well, but there's no guarantee he's around long term. 

I won't argue with a Bogdan signing, but he concerns me defensively.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by loki - 11-19-2020, 02:29 AM