Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 02:19 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:17 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: I've already pointed out you can essentially the same deal as the bucks did but Brunson instead of Donte but they got to take 1 more year of Wright. Wright is better than Illyasova to me so if they aren't worried about the 9 mill on the 2nd year, they may even view Wright as an upgrade on Illyasova. 

Essentially if the Kings have decided they don't want Bogdan... They have little negotiating power. 
The mavs for one could find a taker for THJ's expiring deal  and just sign him outright. 
Basically the play is get whatever nice young player in return for the deal. Anything else of more value and the team will just call their bluff and sign him to an offer sheet. 

RFA is a high stakes poker game. And Kings have already shown everyone their cards.

Get'er done then.

Of course Bogdan isn't going to come cheap from a $$$ standpoint. Mavs may have 0 interest in paying him around 20 mill. Again just speculation based on the contracts and salary cap matching, that's the max contract # the Bucks will be able to give. 

I'd put it somewhere around 15 mill tho with the rough math going on in my head as to what they are wanting to offer so they can also use the MLE to fill out the roster. 
They'd have 5 guys under contract with Jrue and Bogdan on the team plus Giannis' brother lol. 
So it's a lot of work to finish rounding out the team. 

I'm suspecting Bogdan costs about 20 mill per year.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 02:25 AM