Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 02:11 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:08 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: The main thing that some others have pointed out is that the FA class is looking a lot weaker now. I'd say you don't have to have max cap space for any free agent next year if Giannis does indeed sign the Supermax. 

Are we really passing up deals that would improve us now for Dipo, the hope of LAC guys bailing, Griffin, Oubre, Gobert? Half those guys you might be able to find a way to trade for now. Your best restricted guy that's gettable the next 2 years is probably Bogdan.

Ask yourself if you are content with a core of Luka, KP and Bogdan.  Feels like an obvious yes, even if you have to overpay.  Now show me a deal that convinces the Kings to work us.

I've already pointed out you can essentially the same deal as the bucks did but Brunson instead of Donte but they got to take 1 more year of Wright. Wright is better than Illyasova to me so if they aren't worried about the 9 mill on the 2nd year, they may even view Wright as an upgrade on Illyasova. 

Essentially if the Kings have decided they don't want Bogdan... They have little negotiating power. 
The mavs for one could find a taker for THJ's expiring deal  and just sign him outright. 
Basically the play is get whatever nice young player in return for the deal. Anything else of more value and the team will just call their bluff and sign him to an offer sheet. 

RFA is a high stakes poker game. And Kings have already shown everyone their cards.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 02:17 AM