Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:51 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: Just no on any sort of 1st for Hayward. I'd argue there's nobody left we know that's on the market that's actually worthy of a distant first. Lets get back our 1sts first please. 

The issue I have with Hayward is that I'm not sure he's that guy anymore. A fully healthy Hayward under 30? Absolutely. 
Also at the price he will cost either to sign or trade for... That's going to really make things difficult on the rest of your roster construction. It's sort of major questions about his current game + cost. 

I mentioned yesterday that I'd only want to go around 20 a year for him. That's his top end value to me and everyone here said that wouldn't be enough (and I wasn't saying it would be). I don't think any team using about 30% of their cap space on Hayward is ever contending. Boston is way over now so maybe it's to a team that doesn't have cap space in a deal as sort of a finishing move. I'd suspect most teams don't have a gaping hole at SF that are contenders tho.

I think a good rule of thumb for trading FRPs would be: is the player you are acquiring going to be on the team with that pick conveys.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cow - 11-19-2020, 01:53 AM