Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:27 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:23 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I KNOW they value THJ more than this board does,
I'm thinking they trade him for Hayward, that's thinking low of him? I think he upped his value this year and we should capitalize on that, similar to what OKC is doing with their guys.

No not at all, but I think THEY believe he was not only good last season, but a big part of why the team was successful. I just get the sense that they like his approach in the locker room and as a pro. I heard Donnie gush the other day about how much synergy there was between he and Luka on the court. That pulled it all back into focus. 

I really think THEY are probably happy to keep THIS version of Hield who they already know fits their culture, wants to be here and hasn't yet required a long term financial commitment. 

You know how I feel about Hayward, but I'm not sure he's a fit with Richardson. Or at least, maybe not worth the contract now. I know Richardson will shoot better than he did last year, but I think he's the guy who will have the ball a little more than anyone besides Luka did last season, so THJ is objectively a better offensive fit, I think (might be wrong about this). I have an easier time seeing Richardson do what Burke did than what Curry did on offense, if that makes sense. 

To me, the value of paying Hayward was as a playmaker, but the Mavs went defense (like you wanted them to). Instead of getting a great playmaker who's a decent shooter and decent defender, they got a great defender who's a decent shooter (probably) and a decent playmaker (we hope). I think THJ, DFS, KP and Kleber all spacing for those guys is what makes it work. That's my read on it tonight, anyway.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2020, 01:37 AM