Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 01:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:10 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'd have to think that regardless of Bogdan, the Mavs are going to be dangling Brunson, Wright and Jackson as a SNT package to someone. If anything has been made clear the last few days if a team likes the deal, they aren't really balking at extra year of salary coming back at them.

I think that package (minus Brunson) is likely to get dangled, but I wouldn't expect much to come back, and I'm curious, what makes you think they've turned the page on long term salary? I mean, you might be 100% correct, but Richardson is very likely to opt out next year with all the cap room flying around, so they CREATED more space tonight, rather than reducing it. It's just that the moves got us so excited nobody cares. 

I'm not saying I'm sure that was the point, but I don't (yet) see proof that they've turned the page. Just saying. Now, a three year deal for Milsap at the MLE, or something like that? I think that will prove it a little, but even then I think they're still within striking distance, now that they have things other teams want. They could trade DFS to create space and still have Green, for example. 

I think this is @"DanSchwartzman"'s wet dream, so far.

I think everyone turned the page a few nights ago with Jrue and Giannis likely both coming off the table. I think they will continue to be smart. So if there is something they really want next summer and they are available they can pull a Heat and Jimmy Butler situation. I mean Miami sort of setup a beautiful blueprint for Mavs to copy. 

My point on dangling that package is it's essentially the same package the Bucks sent to the Kings but with 1 extra year of salary with Wright. And it got Bogdan. So the Kings are morons or the league would value a guy like Brunson more than we think. Maybe it's somewhere in between since it's not the exact trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 01:26 AM