Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Did we ever hear what type of money for the Bogdan deal? It'd have to somewhere around 15-20 mill based on the initial deal with salary matching rules. 

We willing to go over 20 mill? 

The reason that deal might not be dead is that he can't beat the deal that Bucks offer. 
But honestly I could see GM's pushing the league to not allow that trade ever even in a few weeks.

(11-19-2020, 01:18 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:10 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: THJ staying makes a ton of sense regardless of what we do in FA as a 6th man. That's the role he should be. Try him there again and if he stinks move him back to the starting lineup and trade him at the deadline. He's not a long term starter here so no reason to be married to him in that role if you can improve him. 

I'd have to think that regardless of Bogdan, the Mavs are going to be dangling Brunson, Wright and Jackson as a SNT package to someone. If anything has been made clear the last few days if a team likes the deal, they aren't really balking at extra year of salary coming back at them.

Disagree.  I love, love, love what THJ has done here but when you ask him to do too much on his own is when the warts really show.  He needs to start and be a 3rd banana and/or a 2nd banana as a pinch hitter in case of injury.  If we are going after another scorer, I think we need move on.

I personally thought it was due to the dynamics of everyone he was playing with on the bench versus being next to Luka. In short, Luka is what is elevating him. If Luka is that big of an elevator and he is more like bench THJ... Imagine what an actual good player without Luka will do with him? 

But yeah that's sort of what I'm getting at to. If he isn't going to be a 6th man... Move on from him. Because he's not the long term answer as a starter.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) | Donnie: Mavs not done yet - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 01:20 AM