Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-19-2020, 12:18 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:14 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: After the moves and lack of moves and based on what he went for in the Milwaukee trade...

I have a strong feeling we are going to make a play on Bogdan. 

Wright, Jackson and Brunson is a comparable trade (with salary and talent back). Basically Brunson=Donte. 

Bogdan is a great PNR guy and good shooter He is EXACTLY what we need. I always assumed Buddy was the guy gone but it's clear Bogdan is out after getting traded once. 

The question is what do we do with THJ if we make that move on Bogdan. Do they prefer THJ instead of taking on Wright's deal?

I have to imagine almost anyone can come up with a more compelling package than one highlighted by Brunson and dragged down by Wright.  I guess you can throw every future 2nd round pick we have at them.

With Curry gone and KP hurt to start the season, we are in desperate need of offensive punch.

The hate is hard on Wright around here.. Way too much. That's the same range of money for Illyasova except you get one extra year of it. I don't think 1 year that prohibits you from making a deal. It's literally almost the same deal with our guys + extra year of right for a team that probably don't have cap space then anyways with the fat fox extension coming. 

Not to mention Wright is actually a good player who played well here. He just doesn't fit with Luka or in the system all that well. He's more of a Rondo type guard unless of a JJB who is a PNR stud.

(11-19-2020, 12:21 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wing rotation looks a lot better after the draft. Meaning that the Mavs can spend the MLE on a big forward or center.

Millsap
Favors
Jones JR
Crowder
Harkless
Saric
Ibaka

Would be a nearly perfect offseason if the Mavs can add one of them.

If Ibaka was able to be had on the MLE and we get him... Oh man. 
He's your starting 5 until KP is healthy. FANTASTIC backup arguably best big man backup when he's not. Heck he may even be a starter at the 4 when KP is healthy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM