Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 04:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:38 PM)cow Wrote: Getting playoff experience is important for the youngsters so Gallo/Hayward would help bridge that gap to the team that is eventually would-be title contenders.
 I don't think playoff experience is guaranteed even if the Hawks sign all 3. Hayward is a great complimentary piece but he isn't the backbone he once was. Gallo's offense would be a great fit, but his lack of D, paired with Collins will make them a sieve on the defensive end. I can't imagine 34 year old Rondo will be the savior of the Hawks backcourt issues. 

The moves just don't make sense for the Hawks where they're at. I think Trae is forcing their hand.

(11-18-2020, 04:43 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Trae/Rondo
Huerter/
Hayward/Reddish
Gallo/Hunter
Collins/Bembry

You forgot Capella at C, Bembry is a guard, not C. Don't forget this year #6 pick, which could be another promising player. The future looks quite nice for Atlanta. Still plenty of assets left. Signing Hayward and Gallo (if it happens) is certainly better utilization of cap space than Wright/Curry combination Mavs managed to pull for max cap space...

I blame basketball reference. I was looking at this last year's roster, not 20-21. Even still. I doubt ATL wins more than 35 games this year.

You still need to start winning and adding those guys is going to give you a fighting chance at a late seed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cow - 11-18-2020, 04:49 PM