Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I just looked at the list of 2021 UFA again. There really is only one that doesn't have an option that would be a big "get". Rudy Gobert.

I know a lot of people don't love his fit next to KP, even though I like it. But can we think long term here? We know that as things stand currently the only time we are going to be able to afford a big named FA is next years offseason. If Gobert is the only player you can get before Luka's extension money kicks in do you keep your powder dry for Gobert? Do you try to swing for the fences now, or at the trade deadline to get Gobert? I don't really think we have the trade capital to trade for him unless there is some sort of massive falling out in UT. But we have heard rumors that UT doesn't want to pay him his Max next offseason so could he be available?

I personally think that Luka, KP and Gobert on the same team would be delightful. Would end up playing a lot of zone defense with KP and Gobert on the back line offering rim protection.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by kankka - 11-18-2020, 01:33 PM