Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 12:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am not sure you need to do a draft-day trade for Dipo. It could be a Thursday trade that involves THJ. Their salary is the same. THJ is a good locker room guy. Mavs could "sell high" on THJ who had a very nice year last year and swap him out for Dipo straight up. 

Another idea would be THJ + Wright for Dipo + Lamb on Thursday. Lamb was injured last year some and considered a disappointment. He and Wright are in similar boats altho Wright has less money on his deal. Lamb is a shooter and plus defender kinda? that would probably fit in Dallas' system.

Ok, so here's my retort to this, and I want to be very, very clear:

1) I don't believe for a second that this is how the deal would look. I think the player at #18 would be the entire point of doing the deal for Indiana.

2) If #1 is WRONG, which is possible, and he is available for the packages you're envisioning, that means Indiana would rather have THJ on an expiring deal than Oladipo on an expiring deal. Let that truly sink in. Your mind will go to lots of dark places. 

3) This is only my humble prediction, but IF Oladipo is available for those packages, then I, personally, will take it as a sign that what I've been hearing/reading about Oladipo (that he's done being a difference making player for good) are true, and in the Mavs current predicament, I can see moving a guy who can really, really shoot and fits in the locker room (THJ) for a guy whose entire goal is get one, last big contract (Oladipo) having ramifications we don't like. Like, missing the playoffs, even. MAYBE. 

We don't have to keep talking about this. I PASS, you're in favor, and we've covered it more than enough. Neither of us is running the team, so I guess we'll just see what happens. If they trade for Oladipo, I'll be right there with you hoping for the best.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-18-2020, 12:36 PM