Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 11:58 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: The Hayward thing to me is a little more risky depending on the length of the contract. I haven't seen a hard connection of Mavs and Hayward, only some media folks pondering. If Hayward was on a 1 yr deal I would like it but then I don't think Hayward wants that.

So risk/reward/cost still puts me in the Dipo direction.

This assumes that Oladipo would be a rental. I'm not sure this would be the case. Remember that this ALL started because Oladipo wants a new contract. Not next summer. NOW. Doesn't mean that Dallas or anyone else has to do it, but I doubt they'd pay the asset price in trade NOT to do it. 

1) If he's available for a rental price, what's the lowest that gets? Does it include #18 or one of our good role players? Both? I think this price is WAY, WAY too much for the Mavs to pay for an "audition year", given their current situation. 

2) If he IS available for a trade without the assets above, doesn't that simply mean that the entire league, including the Pacers, have decided that he's no longer a player who offers any significant value?

To me, whether it's #1 or #2, it's a bad, bad move.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-18-2020, 12:14 PM