Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 11:59 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:52 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Dipo looked fine to me when he came back, certainly in terms of moving around and athleticism. His shot was off some and didn't look like he was in a rhythm in the bubble but that to me is just rust. I am not worried ab that at all and you have 1 year to see how he fits.

I am not sure what the Mavs would give up but I imagine it would be pretty reasonable given that Dipo's stock is low right now. I like the upside of such a move.

If he looked fine after his return, Indiana would have a line of suitors a mile long in a league where Jrue Holliday gets an Anthony Davis return.

You are nuts, that's not true at all. First of all, he was back on a very small sample size and looked rusty. I am sure teams would like to see more. Furthermore he is expiring, so why would you give up a bunch of assets for an expiring player if you don't know if he will resign? It's already clear that he only wants to play for a contender or big market team so that eliminates a lot of teams right off the bat.

The Lakers knew they would keep Davis bc he expressed wanting to be there. They were willing to give up everything bc time was of the essence with Lebron's clock ticking.

Jrue's value was depressed some bc of his player option and bc of the Pels refusal to trade him in the west. Even still he got a pretty good haul. He is also clearly a better player than Dipo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-18-2020, 12:04 PM