Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-18-2020, 02:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Luka, Dipo, Green, DFS, Tucker to start the season with KP out.

I'm late but I wouldn't be mad at this haul. 

Also, as an aside, I don't know what y'all expect the Mavs to do. Seeing the last couple of trades, there seems to be a common theme in all of them. Overpay. Schroeder for a 1st rounder+a solid vet might be the most even of all of them and even then I'd be uncomfortable if the Mavs made that trade. 3 FRP for Jrue?? Bogi might have been within the Mavs grasp but still 3 for 1 is rare, and Bogi ain't a star.

If the Mavs find a way to get Danny Green and PJ Tucker for just 31+MLE thats a freakin steal. 2 vets that bring shooting and defense that's exactly what we need. Add in Hayward or Dipo and we add playmaking and scoring AND additional defense. Isn't that EVERYTHING we've been lamenting for? 

Sure they have their warts. Green being a primadona and kinda an asshole for stringing the Mavs along. Tucker not being content with his contract. Dipo+Hayward with injury concerns and a potential massive extension looming. But if we've seen anything, no player is untradeable. I mean sheesh Harden is looking to be on his way out the door in Houston. Who could've seen that coming?
This is where I’m at too. 

Id love for them to make a splash but not at these prices. Not when the Mavs aren’t desperate yet and are steel at least a year away from really contending. 

Make a couple smart moves. Improve this year. Then try to make a move next year at the deadline or in the offseason.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Drew - 11-18-2020, 08:01 AM