Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 08:15 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:10 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Wrll weh
(11-17-2020, 08:00 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 07:52 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 07:42 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Dear Lord please stop. Health is the concern with GH. Otherwise, Hayward and THJ are not in the same stratosphere as players. Hayward made an all star team the west. He’s a 20/5/5 guy that can do a little bit of everything. THJ we kept from being a complete bum and one of the worst players in the nba by telling him to just catch and shoot off Luka dish outs.

Not going to disagree that Hayward is better than THJ, but he literally never had a 20/5/5 season.

He´s been averaging roughly 14.3/5.3/3.7, since his return from injury, obviously current season being better than the last, but nothing spectacular.

It´s actually not that far off the Oladipo post-injury numbers so far: 14.5/3.9/2.9. So with a similar positive progress Oladipo could be back to target status for 2021 FA.
I don’t know if I had this screen name on the old site but I literally could not give two shits about a guys counting stats. It’s all about role and opportunity. Julius Randle must be borderline all nba then because he could put up 20/10 easy. 

GH was the primary offense creator on a playoff team in the west. THJ was the primary bum on the Knicks. Switch their roles and I don’t think it’s close in terms of impact. 

once again the caveat is what your medical team says about Hayward.

I just don’t want to trade Maxi. 18+31+THJ id do for GH of medical checks out

THJ + Delin is a clown offer
Well you threw out the numbers first saying that Hayward is a 20/5/5 guy.

You can say that he´s a creator and facilitator. No problem there. But he´s more of the 16/5/4 level, which I guess doesn´t sound as nice as 20/5/5, although you don´t care about the numbers. Big Grin

I acknowledged that Hayward is better than THJ, so not sure why you come at me with that.
Ok he’s xy% of a 21/5.5/3.5 guy. His last two years in Utah. 

I’m not mad at all. Sorry if it comes across that way. If you don’t believe he has Utah GH in him when healthy, you don’t trade for him.  There’s always desperate teams. I don’t think you’re getting him for a pu pu platter. At least either 18 or Maxi.

I´d say you pay him $100M over the next four years, because you think you get Utah Gordon Hayward.

Doesn´t mean that you have to pay for your future projection in the actual trade.

Hayward doesn´t make us a title contender now and we have no pressure right now.

We are at least another 24 months away from going full Jrue Holiday. Big Grin  There will be opportunities. Patience is key. We are two days into this trade window and some are already worried, we´ll never get anybody.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-17-2020, 08:27 PM