Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 05:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:03 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'm curious to hear what you would pay him contract wise. 
I think the 4 for 80 deal that's been thrown around for several different guys would make sense. Do you extend him and then do a 3 for 60? 

I'd do that. to me a good starter at 20 mill is completely fair pricing.

I'm not excited to speculate and have egg on my face later, but I bet he's got a LEGIT offer from Atlanta, NY...some dumpster team with cap room where he doesn't want to play.

I think 4/80 might be towards the BOTTOM of what's possible, not the top. And THAT's why people are going to freak out if this happens. He might end up with 4/100!!

That is the bidding war, and I don't think it has dick to do with Boston. Just my read on things.
This is getting at what’s really happening. He has offers from bad teams he doesn’t want to play for. He could decline his option and get 4/100 from Atlanta or he could go to his first choice(Dallas) in trade and make 1/34 with a 3/54 extension 

He holds all the cards if he told Boston he will only opt in if he’s traded to Dallas. He could always opt out and take the money on a bad team while leaving Boston with nothing
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Jason Terry - 11-17-2020, 05:23 PM