Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 05:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:11 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: You may be right... I'd rather have Oubre at that point tho. He's got 6 years of youth on him and he probably comes cheaper. 
You pay too much for Hayward and you are stuck with him for a long time. He's on the wrong side of 30 with health concerns.

But that's the thing. Oubre isn't a Free Agent, and has no way to become one until next summer. 

So, THAT deal is about OKC's asking price and THEN the cost of an extension. Even if the Mavs want him, and they might, do they have what OKC wants? They don't really have much draft capital to offer, and OKC is much less likely to send an expiring asset out for incoming players than Boston, because Oubre expiring is something they can actually USE, if they don't get an offer for him they like before then. 

Hell, OKC might have him in their future plans, for all we know.

Then I wait them out for an offer I want or wait until FA next summer and sign him. 

I'm completely fine with drafting 18,31 and signing someone with the MLE. I'm not making deals to just make deals.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 05:22 PM