Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 03:42 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:37 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: THJ on an expiring deal and likely cheaper to retain then Buddy's current deal makes some sense with whatever else the Mavs have to give up.

But are you willing to give anything else up? I am not really, for that contract. I don't think he is the missing piece. 

As for competition. It is likely Denver and Philly. Mavs have the advantage of THJ expiring, while Philly would center their deal (likely) around Horford (3 years left) and Denver around G.Harris (2 years). But, they are both more desperate and have picks.

As for Sacramento cap problems. They were mostly gone with Bogdanovic trade. I would think they would prefer draft picks over cap flexibility

Yes. I'm willing to give up 18 for it. I like THJ role in the offense and Buddy is an upgrade on that end. It's not all that close IMO. 

I've said it before. If you don't have interest in Buddy, then you need to be trading THJ if he has any sort of value. If you like THJ, you should be looking to upgrade him or lock him in long term to a team friendly deal.

Edit: I also don't think Denver is as desperate as some of you make them out to be. They went to the WCF and are just going to get better with their young guys. I do think they realized they badly need another offensive creator. That's why Jrue made alot of sense. I don't think I really buy them being in on Buddy tbh.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 03:47 PM