Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 03:30 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Is there a Buddy Hield trade that would make sense?

If it's about the money for a fox extension.. THJ on an expiring deal and likely cheaper to retain then Buddy's current deal makes some sense with whatever else the Mavs have to give up.

(11-17-2020, 03:37 PM)sefant Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:30 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Is there a Buddy Hield trade that would make sense?

Personally i dont see the sense of trading THJ for him. Same age as THJ, i dont think he is better nor his contract is great.

Tho unless they would take a package of Wright/Powell/pick(s), i dont see any deal that makes really sense. I mean the rumor was that he is interested in DAL; who knows if the MBT is interested.

I like THJ and all... But is anyone else not slightly worried that last year was a bit of a fluke for him? That maybe that's the best he ever is because that's his peak shooting usage? His role ideally would continue to scale down if we got a true 3rd scoring piece. 

If THJ has value... I don't hate the idea of trading him and capturing value out of him regardless of what the deal is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 03:37 PM