Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 03:19 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more mid-level players traded as teams try to shore up roster holes before the draft.  We've seen the big shoes drop, but it's been pretty quiet among the role guys other than the Shroder trade.

What I've noticed is that so far, not a single player for player trade has occurred. It has been 100% about draft capital to start over in exchange for good players to contenders, so far. I guess it will be that way until after the draft, maybe?

Given the Mavs' assets are cheap role players (not worthless) and not draft capital (which they've already used on Porzingis) I think we're jumping the gun with all the doom and gloom. It might be that during this portion of the trade season, the Mavs are SELLERS (#18) not BUYERS. If the lack of movement is them properly evaluating that one, specific draft asset they have, I think that might be a good thing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-17-2020, 03:24 PM