Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 03:09 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:03 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: While I think it was a massive overpay by Milwaukee.. They also dumped Bledsoes deal. That cost extra no doubt. But 3 picks projected around 30? Mavs could have offered 2 this year the same or better. But the potential of it being a disaster by the bucks? Priceless for New Orleans ha. But if Giannis is there for the next 10 years that's not likely much of anything for the Pelicans. 

Wow, so that makes Mavs really stupid for not dumping Powell and Wright with #18 and #31. It's same value, according to your evaluation. Donnie should be fired.

You know, those 2 unprotected picks come after 2024. So there is some chance Milwaukee will suck by then. Which should be great for Pelicans, being in their prime and still drafting them picks.

(11-17-2020, 03:09 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: IMO they need to trade him now.

No, they don't. Wannabe contenders have much greater need to have a good player than OKC to dump him. OKC can wait.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying New Orleans probably asked for a bit extra to take on Bledsoes bad deal. He offers 0 value and he's not cap friendly.. That's a negative trade value recipe. 

New Orleans got a good deal. If Giannis leaves anytime in the next 7 years they'll have an incredible deal. 
But a Supermax extension would theoretically tie him there the next 6 years possibly only 5. It's hard to see most of those picks being worth anything with the max extension. 

The gamble that they flounder at some point or Giannis eventually asks to be traded makes it worthwhile for New Orleans. 
But I'd say it's a 75% chance those picks are all around 25 or later each year. It's the same gamble OKC made with LAC. A great gamble IMO because as we've seen with the clips... It can possibly not go as planned.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 03:22 PM