Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 02:48 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 02:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Denver, GS are the only contenders that don't have all their picks exhausted...

Isn't that enough? That's five teams driving the price up. Not to mention they all arguably have more picks than Dallas. Weren't you the one claiming that you can see a scenario where there won't be a bidding war for Jrue? 

Those five teams usually fight for same couple of top guys, because it is also an arms war. "It is better for me to overpay a pick than my competitior gets him". As you can see on the example of LAL and LAC.

Depends on the player was the point I was trying to make. I don't think Dallas is in a great situation to capitalize. But someone is for sure. 

I still do not think there was a bidding war for Jrue. Why would you bid up Jrue when Harden may be had as well? I'd say everyone of those teams would be calling about Harden. 

While I think it was a massive overpay by Milwaukee.. They also dumped Bledsoes deal. That cost extra no doubt. But 3 picks projected around 30? Mavs could have offered 2 this year the same or better. But the potential of it being a disaster by the bucks? Priceless for New Orleans ha. But if Giannis is there for the next 10 years that's not likely much of anything for the Pelicans. 

The inclusion of MPJ immediately trumps that deal for me. I'd argue the same for Levert. Same for GS picks or any of Boston's guys. All those great assets someone thought would be sent... I don't think they were ever on the table. That's the bidding war that I thought everyone else thought might happen with Jrue and I sincerely don't think it happened. 

That being said. Jrue went for way more than I thought he would. I didn't think someone like Milwaukee would exhaust all remaining assets for him. That's the exact type of move I didn't want to the Mavs to do. I actually had been saying I preferred not to do a Jrue deal if it exhausted all of our remain assets which are still limited. Not while he is an UFA next summer still.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 03:03 PM