Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 02:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 02:26 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 02:19 PM)Tyler Wrote: I wonder if Dallas would be willing to improve on that offer.

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/statu...6124079106

I would rather have RoCo over Gordon for the same price. RoCo was too expensive though. We can’t afford to go all in just yet and that’s what trading any future firsts would do. Let the desperate teams get their guys and let’s add for short term without sacrificing future picks

I think there is a very real scenario where a team may get a bargain on the trade market because the lack of competition of the contenders because they have nothing left to trade. It may not be this offseason but possibly next offseason. 

Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Denver, GS are the only contenders that don't have all their picks exhausted...
Unless you count Toronto or someone like Utah as a contender too.

I would think the most likely scenario would be a guy coming on the market that's really good but isn't an upgrade over one of those guys on those teams. I think that's what happened with Schroeder. Maybe that's what happens with Lavine or Buddy.
This exactly. Both LA teams and Milwaukee all in. OKC and Houston rebuild. Portland all in. Whoever(Brooklyn or Philly) gets Harden is all in. 

You’re looking at the Harden loser, Denver, GS, Boston and Miami(plus maybe Utah/Toronto) as the only competition with the Mavs for guys. There will be better opportunities
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Jason Terry - 11-17-2020, 02:47 PM