Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 02:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: A day old, but new to me. OKC maybe trading up to 18?

18. Mavericks: Aleksej Pokusevski, F, Olympiacos (Serbia)
Height: 7' 0" | Weight: 200 | Age: 18
Don’t be surprised if a different team ends up making this pick—as I’ve previously reported, Dallas has made it very available and is seeking a veteran rotation upgrade. In the past couple of days, the Pokusevski chatter has revolved around the Mavericks and Nets, in addition to the Thunder, who have had serious interest for months but would need to trade up to land him. This is a spot in the draft where it would appear he can be had. The Mavs are more than comfortable drafting international talent, and if they don’t move this pick, they could grab him here. Pokusevski is likely a couple of years away from making serious contributions, and there are concerns about his frail body type, but the upside, with his height and impressive ball skills, makes him a worthy gamble. I’ve consistently heard he intends to be on a roster next season, rather than return overseas to develop, which should have some impact on his suitors.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/16/nba-mo...aily-cover

At this point... I'd say its more likely than not we aren't picking at 18. I've already stopped looking at mocks. 

I'm thinking we trade 18, Wright and Jackson for Oubre at this point. Hopefully we can send 31 and Powell for Green as an add on to the yet to be finalized Lakers trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 02:44 PM