Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I am asking myself, with Luka being arguably top 5 player in the league and KP top 50, when is the time for the Mavs to become "desperate"? Meaning, when is the time for Mavs to put remaining assets on the table for that final push? Lakers, Clippers, Milwaukee, Houston (before this season) paid every pick possible to build their teams. I guess Philly and Nets are exploring the ways to do the same. All of those listed will soon be deeeeeeep in the tax (Philly already is). None of them was saving cap space. 

That being said, I don't expect Mavs to "free" all three picks and send them for a third guy. They are not there yet. But I expect them to improve, so they are ready for that last step next season. Using #18, perhaps a minor trade with Wright (like Snell for example) and meh MLE on a one year deal is standing pat for me. No deal is better than a bad deal doesn't work for me, because it is just an excuse. Good teams don't have problems getting the deals done. That's why they are good.

I expect one serious upgrade. Either trade up in the draft if they believe in a guy or upgrade one or more of our role players to a starter. Preferably one that plays defense. That would be a message they really want to compete. Anything less, I seriously doubt in the competence of the FO, no matter what former glory they have. Times are changing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-17-2020, 02:41 PM