Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 03:22 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:14 AM)loki Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:10 AM)Branduil Wrote: Seems like no trades are happening these days without multiple picks attached, even for role players.
All the sellers are getting smart and taking advantage of desperate teams. Hopefully sanity is restored at some point. All those picks for an expiring Jrue was ridiculous.

Should happen naturally as a lot of the bigger names have warts:

-Hayward:  injury concerns, expiring, expensive, Boston in cap hell
-Dipo:  injury concerns, expiring, only one standout season, wants a huge contract, sabotaged his value with the Pacers by asking other teams to acquire him.
-Hield:  Will not return his coaches calls, plays no defense, has a fairly large/long contract, will the Kings even trade him now that Bogdan is gone
-Beal:  Can't afford him and I personally think he's overrated at this point as he is a defensive liability.  Maybe he'd improve on a winning team but again, can't afford him.
-Harden:  He's had enough teammates that it's time to start blaming him and not everyone else.  Too expensive.  Can't co-exist with Luka.
-Westbrook:  Can't co-exist with Luka.  Way too expensive.  He needs to be a solo act, it's just too bad he picked a team sport.

The only one I'll disagree with is Harden. I think Philadelphia would give up Simmons, Thybulle, and multiple picks for him. They're as all in as it gets anyway. Definitely not a target for Dallas though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by loki - 11-17-2020, 03:27 AM