Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 02:30 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Why would OKC trade Rubio? He's a great veteran fit next to SGA.

They may not. I'd think at this point without a team immediately jumping into take him the most likely scenario is they keep him and hope he pulls a Chris Paul and ups his trade value.

I think it's way more likely this happens. Last year folks wanted to Presti to trade everyone meanwhile they actually finished with a better record than the Mavs and only lost game 7 to the Rockets by two points. OKC wants to be good.

- Green is a huge upgrade over Dort

- Paul is a huge loss but fans think SGA is ready to take the next step. Backfilling Paul with Rubio is a great move.

- Oubre replaces much of Schroeder's scoring

I really like what the Thunder have done so far ....

I think this is one of the more insightful posts of the day.  They don't have to tear it down to the studs to rebuild because they aren't dependent on their own picks being good via tanking...at least not yet.  They need to sell tickets and stay relevant while also selling the hope of a bright future.  This looks like a .500 team at least plus it has a lot of future assets.

Unfortunately, if you are right, it takes a ton of Dallas related trade possibilities off the table.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-16-2020, 11:43 PM