Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 01:57 AM)cow Wrote: Just don't set your sights too high.  We can't do much worse than last offseason.

(11-16-2020, 10:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs could simply draft a guy at 18 (probability a forward?) and then do the Wright/Jax/31 deal for Green. I am assuming the deal is better now than it was at the TDL bc I imagine is was Lee being swapped back then. Now you would be dumping Wright and Jax. I think I would rather have Oubre than Green but Oubre would likely cost you that 18 pick.

So draft a guy at 18 you like, clear your 2021 books and bring in Green. Mavs would still have the MLE to throw at a player or two.

Yeah I feel like it makes a lot of sense to only keep one of those 2 picks and trade the other for a rotation player. Even one rookie will struggle to get development time in the next year or 2. 
Just trade out for a future pick if needed. That's always been an option we seem to overlook for some reason.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Jym - 11-16-2020, 10:39 PM