Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 03:56 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I think the whole being 100% young or 100% old thing is a false dichotomy.    My mantra is "What Would Riley Do".  Having Dragic and Iggy as veteran rotation players doesn't prevent him from also developing and building around guys like Bam, Duncan and Herro.  Do all of the smart things.

Yeah, so I didn't make my point very clearly, because I agree with what you've written here completely. 

Here's my point, and you might still disagree, but I want to make sure it's represented correctly:

It's not about being 100% young or 100% old -  both of those ideas are terrible (I agree). There are enough young pieces in place here to where you CAN'T be 100% old, even if you try. I didn't say it very clearly, but I meant 100% WITH THE USE OF ASSETS THIS OFF-SEASON. Like, if you put enough vets around the youth who are already here to make a difference right away (and I don't mean Barea and Lee, but people who will play), then great.  If you can't get enough of them, then one 35 year old Milsap is a waste of time. For he and the team both, really. 

If you added (for example, this isn't going to happen) Jrue Holiday and Milsap to the young core, then all of a sudden I think you're in a better spot immediately. 

But, if you add Killian Hayes and Milsap, I think you're better off in the long run (maybe, at least that's what you hope), but at that point what's Milsap going to do for your competitive bottom line? If it's not getting out of the first round (and I don't think it would be) then IMHO, you're better off using both the MLE and the roster spot in a more forward thinking way. 

I hope that makes more sense, even if you still disagree.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-16-2020, 06:49 PM