Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 02:36 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:59 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:54 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I would happily exhaust all our trade assets for a player like Jrue.

I think the KP trade was an aberration.  Seems like it has raised everyone's expectations.  We dont have a lot of trade assets.  People keep saying I'm only trading #18 in a trade for a star.  I see Lavine trades with a big bag of nothing going back to Chicago.  I guess it's possible we take advantage of another terrible front office.

For me... It's that you have a long list of free agents next year to go and get to be your 3rd piece. We aren't talking max guys. Next year is just a great free agent year. Jrue is one of those. 

That's the narrative but I really dont see all the stars we can sign next summer outside of the Giannis decision.  Who are these stars available next summer?  give a max to Gobert?  give a max to 35 yr old Kyle Lowry?

Jrue, Hayward, and Oladipo are the only likely prizes in the FA class of 2021 and each have their warts.  Jrue is probably the best of the three.  Teams are trying to trade into the top 6-8 in this draft so they can put a package together for Jrue.   And people here think 18 is too much to give up for him?  The Mavs would fall over themselves to trade their assets for Jrue Holiday and try to get a head start on signing him.

No one is advocating trading 18 for Danny Green or Lou Williams but holding out for a star is severely overrating the #18 pick and highly delusional IMO.  Feels like yall have spent so much time reading the draft thread for the last month that you're emotionally invested in that pick.
Paul George. LAC fail miserably again. PG takes tremendous heat. Wants out. Perfect fit next to Luka and KP. Makes sense from PG perspective, less pressure in Dallas
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Jason Terry - 11-16-2020, 02:41 PM