Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 01:06 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:54 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I would happily exhaust all our trade assets for a player like Jrue.

I think the KP trade was an aberration.  Seems like it has raised everyone's expectations.  We dont have a lot of trade assets.  People keep saying I'm only trading #18 in a trade for a star.  I see Lavine trades with a big bag of nothing going back to Chicago.  I guess it's possible we take advantage of another terrible front office.
OKC just traded Schroeder for #28, so why in the world should we trade #18 for older and arguably inferior players like Green and Williams. That has nothing to do with being spoiled.

Also given that Porzingis immediately re-injured a knee, Knicks fans would probably argue they still have a chance to make this a lose-lose-trade. Confused

I will be frustrated if Mavs don't get something good when Schroder sold for so little. Mavs would have likely had to give up 18 since they were dumping Wright's money but you could argue it was a fair deal. Remember DG will probably also yield some 2nds for OKC vs Wright and Jackson would not give them any additional picks post-trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-16-2020, 01:09 PM