Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 12:54 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I would happily exhaust all our trade assets for a player like Jrue.

I think the KP trade was an aberration.  Seems like it has raised everyone's expectations.  We dont have a lot of trade assets.  People keep saying I'm only trading #18 in a trade for a star.  I see Lavine trades with a big bag of nothing going back to Chicago.  I guess it's possible we take advantage of another terrible front office.

For me... It's that you have a long list of free agents next year to go and get to be your 3rd piece. We aren't talking max guys. Next year is just a great free agent year. Jrue is one of those. 

I don't want to exhaust all of our assets on a guy like Jrue and have him walk. Ideally if you want one of those guys you keep your assets and then sign that guy with 0 loss to your assets. 

I'm not plan powder because I'll gladly exhaust every penny of it for someone long term under contract that I really like. But I'm team patience while being smart with your assets. 

Trading all of our assets for anyone expiring gives me huge pause. It's not just Jrue.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-16-2020, 12:59 PM